A truly authentic Italian dish to enjoy with the family or friends.
Vegetables as a side dish:
- Emelia's Garlic and Chilli Oil
- Emelia's Piccalilli Chilli
- Emelia's Tomato Relish
- Emelia's Tomato Sauce
- 500g Veal (rump) or young yearling meat, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 50ml of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of chicken booster seasoning
- Pumpkin Mash, with Garlic French Beads.
- Toasted sesame seeds and butter
- Whole baby carrots smothered in honey glaze.
- In a large pan, drizzle a little of Émelia's Garlic & Chilli Oil and bring to the heat. Add the veal, stirring, browning the meat gently.
- Add the onion, capsicum, garlic and a dash of salt and pepper and the paprika. Add the white wine and continue to cook for about 35 minutes on a medium heat.
- Taste the meat to make sure it's tender. Add 125g of piccalilli mixed with 125g of tomato relish. If the dish appears to need a little extra juice, add 125ml of tomato sauce.
- This dish can be thickened as desired by adding a little chicken booster with the flour, and a little stock or water.
- Sprinkle oregano, basil and parsley over the meat, stir well to mix, then serve immediately with the garden fresh vegetables.
This is a truly authentic Italian dish to enjoy with the family or friends.
Veal is onÎy seasonal so you may wish to try this dish with chicken, which would be just as lovely.
Products used in this recipe: